Friday, June 5, 2009

Octomom, Not the Right Wreckage, Sunshine Please.

The notorious Octomom as she has been christened, is now telling the world she screwed up!! Read here she is saying she did it to get closer to the father and that all the kids have the same dad (she had 6 others before giving birth to the octuplets). I could have told her she screwed up when we first heard about it all. This morning they announced from Brazil that the wreckage they have been finding was not Air France Flight 447 after all so now they have no idea where the flight went down, the whole thing is a total mystery although there was something about warning all pilots of the same plane to make sure they follow exact procedure if they suspect their speed indicator to be malfunctioning. These are all guesses, no-one knows what happened and if they don't find wreckage, they never will know. I wonder how long they will keep looking. I am sick of this weather, it has been a bit warmer the last couple of days, but not really summery. One does see people wearing shorts, but in the temps we are having, I think they are nuts. On Monday, for instance, people were bowling in sweat shirts. I think I will start a sun worship cult to try and persuade it to shine on us all so if you see me pouring libations, don't cry that I am wasting alcohol, I am sunworshipping. I just got another Eating Well email and it included this salad which I might try for lunch today. The asparagus I get from Tim Barrie's farm is certainly good for salads without cooking, he often hands me a spear to eat whilst he is serving me and it is delicious. Green Salad with Asparagus & Peas Makes 8 servings, about 2 cups each 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest ¼ cup lemon juice ¼ cup canola oil or extra-virgin olive oil 1 teaspoon sugar ½ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces 2 cups very thinly sliced fresh asparagus (about 1 bunch) 2 cups shelled fresh peas (about 3 pounds unshelled) 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives or scallion greens Combine lemon zest and juice, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a large salad bowl. Add lettuce, asparagus, peas, tomatoes and chives (or scallion greens); toss to coat. Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the Air France crash mystery deepens. Many theories but nothing definitive.

    Jo, you mentioned eating asparagus raw. It's something I've never done, but I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So long as its good and fresh Marilyn, I have been enjoying it.

    I hear now that they are sure they have found some wreckage.

    ReplyDelete