Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bowling, Supper, Bacon Wrapped Chicken.

I am very excited about my bowling yesterday. I have an average of 148 which is not very high. Yesterday I bowled 311. I couldn't believe it. I just couldn't go wrong, practically every ball I threw was a good one. It felt really good. That was the first game, the second I beat my average, the third one I didn't. But aaaah, that first game. Only in one frame of the ten did I miss getting either a strike or a spare. If you haven't a clue what I'm talking about, sorry, but I was over the moon about it. OK its not a perfect score or anything, but for me it might as well be. For supper last night we had Tim Barrie's mom's Asparagus soup followed by a turkey sandwich. Great. I enjoyed every mouthful. Matt stripped the bird and I had all the bones and gravy etc. stewing for an hour or two and now have to drain it. Of course the sandwich was English style, not as found over here most of the time. The bread was carefully buttered, right to the edges, then the turkey laid on it and salted properly, in my case I added a dollop of bread sauce, then the second piece of buttered bread laid on top and pressed down. It was excellent. For any newcomers, Tim Barrie is our local asparagus farmer and the recipe has been given before, but now is not the right time of year. Right now we seem to be having a problem with our hot water so not sure if I will get a shower this morning. There is plenty of cold water so I may have to heat some water and have a PTA wash. If you don't know, I'm not translating. This is a tasty sounding dish from Cooking.com - for my English readers, you have to recall that bacon here is similar to streaky bacon so that is what should be used.
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Source: Quick Cooking magazine 6 Servings INGREDIENTS 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese with onion and chives 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, cubed Salt to taste 6 bacon strips DIRECTIONS Flatten the chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Spread 3 tablespoons cream cheese over each. Dot with the butter and sprinkle with salt; roll up. Wrap each with a bacon strip. Place, seam side down, in a greased 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Broil 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Holidays past quickly do they not ... so back you are already in your usual routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you misread it Marilyn, we were away in September, we have been back since Sept. 26. What you were reading was me telling what had happened. But yes, they do pass quickly.

    ReplyDelete