Monday, October 26, 2009

Dinner this Weekend, Laptop Batteries.

On the 17th I posted a recipe for Baby Beef Wellingtons, last night we had them for supper, they were delicious. However, if you like your beef rare, I would recommend not cooking them prior to wrapping them in Phyllo pastry and baking them. But they were enjoyable and we will certainly do this recipe again. On Saturday night, I watched Prince Caspian on my laptop which is actually 147 minutes long. Eventually the laptop told me I had only 11 minutes left on my battery, oops, I had assumed the battery lasted for four hours, I guess it doesn't. No problem, I just plugged it into the power, but it wouldn't be much good if we were travelling and I didn't have a source of power. Will have to investigate batteries now. I did discover that it is recommended that I have a second battery and swap the two periodically, it is also recommended one drains the battery occasionally and then recharges it. Since writing this, I Googled batteries, boy are they expensive!! Periodically I get fed up with plain vegetables and want something different. I found this recipe over the weekend and was going to do it with the Wellingtons, I forgot!!! Brussels Sprouts in Mustard Sauce AllRecipes.com 2 tsp cornstarch a little water 1/3 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth 5 oz Brussels sprouts 3/4 tsp prepared Dijon-style mustard 3/4 tsp lemon juice 1. Dissolve cornstarch in a little water, and set aside. 2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts, and cook until tender. Strain, reserving chicken broth, and place Brussels sprouts in a warm serving dish. 3. Return chicken broth to stove, stir in mustard and lemon juice, and return to boil. Add cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Pour over Brussels sprouts to serve. Servings: 2 Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Mustard sauce ... delicious. I was watching a doc on TV yesterday evening and I learned that the French people's favorite dish is rabbit with mustard. I must blog about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had rabbit in years although Matt did have some at a local restaurant a few years ago. Not readily available here.

    ReplyDelete