Friday, December 18, 2009

Charlie Gibson, Book2Print.

Having responded emotionally to the story of the Pilot Whales yesterday, Satima wrote a very reasoned comment. If you haven't read it, you might like to do so. Today Good Morning America said goodbye to Charles (Charlie) Gibson who was an anchor on their programme for many years and has recently been the anchor for World News but is now retiring. Dianne Sawyer of GMA is taking over his desk at World News. GMA showed film of Charlie's activities for them including a bungie jump in Australia. Charlie said his wife wouldn't speak to him for two days after that episode. Can't really say I blame her. He also said he was told he had to look ahead, not down. If he looked down he wouldn't be allowed to jump. There is a GMA article on this site and a video at the GMA website. Was having some fun yesterday and Blog2Print, I found the link on Blogger when I published yesterday. You can make a book of all your blogs and they will actually publish the book (s) if you so wish except that they are a tad expensive, much as I would like to do so. However, you can download these books electronically and either keep them on your computer or print them yourself. I am having to split mine up into several books as I have written so damned much. The first book is covering October 2007 to the end of June 2008. The second will be July 1, 2008 til maybe the end of the year or I might take it a bit longer and include part of 2009. I tried to take it to June 2009 but I had too many pictures for the system so have to shorten it somewhat. You can buy the finished books at $7.95 to download and you can share them with others who can also buy the books if they are interested. My book cover will be as shown with the first edition having my pic on the front. I haven't downloaded it yet, I am waiting til I have done the second section. When this year is ended I will do a third book up to New Year's. Here's a pretty decadent dessert cake from Hershey's today. I am drooling just looking at the picture. Don't you think it looks yummy? European Mocha Fudge Cake. Hershey's 1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa 4 eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups sugar 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup finely chopped pecans CREAMY COFFEE FILLING (recipe follows) Chocolate curls (optional) 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Butter bottom and sides of two 9-inch round baking pans. Line bottoms with wax paper; butter paper. 2. Melt butter in small saucepan; remove from heat. Add cocoa, stirring until blended; cool slightly. Beat eggs in large bowl until foamy; add salt and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add cooled chocolate mixture; blend thoroughly. Fold in flour. Stir in pecans. Pour mixture into prepared pans. 3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not overbake. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Carefully peel off paper. Cool completely. Spread CREAMY COFFEE FILLING between layers, over top and sides of cake. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired. Refrigerate 1 hour or longer before serving. 10 to 12 servings. CREAMY COFFEE FILLING 1-1/2 cups cold whipping cream 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar 2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee Combine all ingredients; stir until instant coffee is almost dissolved. Beat until stiff. About 3 cups filling. MAKE AHEAD DIRECTIONS: Cooled cake may be wrapped and frozen up to 4 weeks; thaw, wrapped, before filling and frosting. Have a great day

2 comments:

  1. Ooh - will try the bloggy-book thing! I'd also like to try the fudge cake but can't afford the plane fare:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to make it for Boxing Day but unfortunately my friend's son can't eat flour. I don't think he is actually a celiac though. Anyway, I am making my flourless choccy cake instead of the fudge cake. Maybe you can save up the far for later. One of my customers is saving for the next 2 years so she can go to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete