Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Shopping, Libya.

This morning I decided to go with Matt to the store. We left just before 7 a.m. The parking lot was empty and so was the store. It really does make a difference. I have seen the advertising on TV so I bought some of their thin multi grain bagels and some salmon flavoured light Philadelphia Cream Cheese which I am presently munching. Pretty good. The bagels really are thin and ideal for breakfast. Of course they are a product of the store, Zehrs, so probably not available anywhere else. I bought the light cheese because it is better for me, however, I am not sure I really like it compared to the real thing. I also bought their Greek yoghurt which had also been advertised on TV. I hate these fruit flavoured things sold all over the place, I like the yoghurt as I used to get it in the Mediterranean. Of course the Greeks do tend to add honey to theirs when they eat it, but I prefer it unsweetened. I’ll probably try the yoghurt at lunchtime.

I must say, if you can roust yourself out of bed early, it really is the time to go to the store. No-one stopping in the aisles for a chat with their baskets blocking the gangway, no kids running around overall a much better experience.

Things are certainly in a mess in Libya, I don’t know it the rebels have a chance when the government has planes and bombs. EJanisndeavouring to impose a ‘no fly’ zone is probably not going to be that effective. I was admiring one of the reporters from a Canadian TV station, Janis Mackey Frayer who is out there with the rebels. Damned if I would want that job with Ghaddafi chucking bombs at me. She is normally stationed in India according to Google.

Today I have to visit my foot nurse so I haven’t much time to write. I just went to look at the Kraft recipes I got yesterday and I see Kraft have a new product, Philly Cooking Crème, I must check that out next time I am in the store. I liked the look of this recipe too. By the way, I forgot all about crepes or pancakes yesterday!!!!!!

Mango-Orange Chicken

Kraft KitchensMango-Orange-Chicken-

What You Need

1 tsp. ground ginger

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)

2 tsp. oil

1 cup whole wheat couscous, uncooked

2 mangos, peeled, chopped

1/4 cup orange juice

1/4 cup KRAFT Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing

2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onions

2 Tbsp.  chopped fresh cilantro

Make It

MIX spices; sprinkle over both sides of each breast.

HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 7 min. on each side or until done (165ºF). Meanwhile, cook couscous as directed on package, omitting salt and oil. Combine remaining ingredients.

SPOON couscous onto platter; top with chicken. Cover to keep warm. Add mango mixture to skillet; cook 1 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Spoon over chicken.

Kraft Kitchens Tips

Serving Suggestion

Serve with steamed fresh green beans.

Substitute

If fresh mangos are not available, prepare using 1-1/2 cups (about 2/3 of 16-oz. pkg.) thawed frozen chopped mangos. Look for them in the frozen fruit or juice section of your supermarket.

Have a great day

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment