Monday, April 28, 2014

X is for Xenops and for X Cocktail

X
Xenops is the same family as the ovenbirds and are found in Mexico, XenopsCentral and South America. They are small birds with a longish tail which turns up at the tip and a laterally flattened bill. They forage for insects on tree stumps or rotting wood a bit like a woodpecker. Other than a lot of scientific information that is about all I can tell you of this oddly named little bird.






I am not a big cocktail drinker, however, I thought this one sounded good. I do like tomato juice for a start and always enjoy Bloody Caesars. My shot glasses wouldn’t hold this amount of liquid.

 

X Cocktail

By F.L. KeysJen  Photo
Photo by AmandaInOz

Serves: 1

About This Recipe
"From Absolut Vodka."

Ingredients

    • 1 ounce vodka ( Absolut Peppar)
    • 1 ounce tequila
    • 1 1/2 ounces tomato juice
    • 1 lime wedge

Directions

  1. Chill a shot glass with ice or in the freezer.
  2. Empty the shot glass from ice and water.
  3. Pour absolut peppar, tequila and tomato juice into the shot glass.
  4. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Have a great day
Jo

20 comments:

  1. Xenops - that's another bird I hadn't heard of, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another new one on me! Nice to meet and follow through #atozchallenge. http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/x-is-for-x-rated.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo - good bird - one I hadn't heard of. While I do like a Bloody Mary - I think this one I'd need to leave the tequila out ... Though now I fancy the taste of one ... Perhaps after the a-z?! Cheers Hilary

    Ps you have more faith than I do re writing about the Thames barrier!! I think I've touched on the subject once or twice ...my PC is in for repair ... So will look anon - H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, with the two it could be a bit lethal. Have you ever tried a Bloody Caesar, I actually prefer them to Mary's.

      G'arn, I know you can do it. Hope your PC is better soon.

      Delete
  4. X didn't have a ton of options did it? Bug control from that bird lol. My wife would like that cocktail. I prefer sweeter things.

    Brandon Ax: Writer's Storm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't find it too difficult to do X. Haven't time this morning to visit you, will be sure to do so after bowling though.

      Delete
  5. Cocktail sounds delicious, but you're so right, a shot glass holds and ounce...what were they thinking? This needs a martini glass, clearly ;-)
    Cute little bird. Can't believe you found one that starts with X...
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well, I have time to do a little research.

      Martini Glass definitely, hic.

      Delete
  6. I like this. Tequila would not be considered a grain, right? It's a cactus, I think. And since I am on a gluten free diet trial, I could drink this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't know about Tequila. I don't know how it's made.

      Delete
  7. I'm w/ all who say, "give me a bigger glass." I love Bloody Marys, especially really spicy ones, so this is a drink I'll try. via A to Z Challenge. www.evolvingenglishteacher.blogspot.com

    BTW, nice X scores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not keen on Blood Mary's would rather have a Bloody Caesar.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard about xenops before. Another educational blog hop for me for the A-Z April Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nor had I before this blog, I found it by research.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just read the other day that if you order an alcoholic drink on a plane you should get one with tomato juice because of the sensitivity of taste buds at a high altitude or something. I wonder if the flight attendant would have heard of an X cocktail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not. You will just have to stick to the bloodies.

      Delete