Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Trump, Joke,

Something I meant to mention on Monday was Donald Trump's visit to Scotland and the fact that the locals planted Mexican flags all round the Turnberry golf course. His golf course that is. I thought it was pretty funny. Also he was saying how he supported Brexit and yet the Scots voted to remain in the EU. Maybe someone forgot to tell him. I DO NOT think a cap suits him!!!

I saw this on Facebook today (Monday) and couldn't resist sharing it, particularly as some of you are not on Facebook. Actually, if you think about it, this isn't funny at all.


Funny really, I am not a politically minded person and yet I have written more about political situations recently than ever in my life.

I love arctic char - particularly when it is smoked like smoked salmon, absolutely delicious. A restaurant which used to exist in the next town was run by an Italian who smoked his own fish and arctic char was one he smoked which was where I tried it. I still love smoked salmon but do so wish I could get some smoked arctic char again.

Grilled Arctic Char With Horseradish Crema

New York Times
YIELD 4 servings

This recipe, from the chef Nick Anderer of Marta in Manhattan, pairs simply seasoned arctic char fillets (feel free to use salmon instead) with a bright, delicious crema with lemon and spicy horseradish. Make sure your grill grates are both clean and very hot before you put down the fish;
that will help keep your fish from sticking. You'll also want a large grill spatula for flipping (not tongs) to get under the fish and help you carefully flip the fillets and keep them intact.


INGREDIENTS

2 ounces fresh horseradish, peeled and coarsely grated (about 2/3 cup)
1 ½ cups sour cream
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons finely choppedchives
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
2 to 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus wedges for garnish
Salt
4 (6-ounce) arctic char fillets (or use salmon)
Olive oil


PREPARATION

Make the horseradish crema: Peel horseradish with a vegetable peeler and coarsely grate. Combine grated horseradish with sour cream, Dijon, chives and dill in a medium bowl and mix well. Season crema with lemon juice and salt to taste. (Crema can be made in advance; chill until you are ready to serve.)
Heat grill to medium-high heat if you are using gas; if you have a charcoal grill, you want a nice hot bed of coals.
Coat fish well with olive oil and season with salt. Set fish on the grill skin side down and cook, covered, until the flesh of the fish begins to turn opaque and the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Use a grill spatula to carefully flip the fish and finish cooking to medium, about 2 minutes more.
Spread horseradish crema on a serving platter or individual plates and place cooked fish on top with the skin side up. Garnish with dill and lemon wedges. Serve extra crema on the side.

Have a great day
 

12 comments:

  1. When politics affects our wallet, then we tend to get upset. I get a local government pension, supplemental health care, social security and Medicare. Government could put me in the poor house if they screw up the money. That is why I am so critical of what happens in my community. If we all paid more attention to what is happening in politics, instead of watching 'Dancing with the Stars' etc., maybe we wouldn't be going down this rabbit hole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me vent on your blog. Love the quote by the way.

      Delete
    2. I have never been interested in politics Denise, but neither do I watch Dancing with the Stars. I did take more notice when I lived in Britain, and I do know much of what is happening in Canada, but US politics have me totally puzzled, I have no idea how it all works although I had it explained to me once years ago. Glad you like the quote, I thought it was hilarious.

      Delete
  2. At least with the hat, his hair isn't blowing three feet into the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Alex. I hadn't thought of that.

      Delete
  3. I think there are dark days ahead, not just for Britain and America, but for the world. I have said it before, but if one prays, one definitely needs to continue doing so.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am terrified that Trump's gonna win. He's such a horrible person. Not that I'm a fan of Hillary's either...but she is the lesser of the two evils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From here, Hilary doesn't seem so bad. But then I'm in another country.

      Delete
  5. We have a federal election on Saturday. I still have no idea who I'll vote for. Politics is so boring. I do love all the jokes about Trump. He really brings them on himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet not the fiasco it is becoming in the States. I agree Pinky, it is boring.

      I love them too.

      Delete
  6. Trump...is just an idiot especially what he was saying when in Scotland. He is just a bully because I saw a documentary about him when he was building his gold course.

    ReplyDelete